Saturday, September 2, 2017

Vacation!

Hi!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards here with you today!

Summer is nearing an end, but there's still time for a visit to the beach before it's back to the books.  Fortunately, there's no shortage of brads and washi tape with a beach theme at Eyelet Outlet.  For my card today, I used:













And here's my card with a view as one would see through a pair of sunglasses...check out those swanky diamonds on either side.  I made the card using a cut file from the Silhouette store.   It wasn't a card when it started; but with a bit of work, it ended up that way.




Before I added my elements, I randomly stippled the white background with soft sky ink.  Then I added my card stock pieces, covering them with the black frames.  Saving the best for last, I added the brads.  It was fun designing my scenes.  Here's a closer look at each side:






Inside, I used another file from the Silhouette store.  I printed it inside an outline of the glasses.  Seems like good advice for a great day at the beach.




Have you checked Eyelet Outlet's Flickr gallery yet?  It's like one stop shopping for inspiration from the amazing design team.  Of course, the blog shares a lot of additional details about the cards and projects, so don't stop visiting here.  And don't forget to check out our new Freebies page which is growing every week.




Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

4 comments: