Saturday, November 18, 2017

Song Cues

Hello everyone!  It's Kim from Katydid Cards and this week I'm working with song cues.  Deck the halls with...llamas?  Yep, that's exactly what this card does.  This adorable trio of llamas are all decked out in their Christmas attire; Santa Hat, Holly and Antler Brads.



I printed the llamas on Whisper White and cut them in the scalloped oval using a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette Design Store.  There was very little coloring needed; just their faces, ears and feet.  I placed the brads where I wanted them and lightly marked their outlines on the llamas.  Then I removed them and applied their "fur" with the Marvy Snow Marker.  I heated it and...instant fur.  When it was fully dry, I replaced the brads.

This focal panel was placed, on pop dots, on a larger scalloped oval cut from Red Foil Paper.  They were placed on a mat covered with Glitter Red Star Washi Tape...this is absolutely beautiful washi tape.  I ran Red Foil Washi Tape around the perimeter of the card base.  As a finishing touch, I placed some of the Red Foil Washi on some scrap cardstock and punched out using a Star Confetti Punch from Stampin' Up.

Next, I have a card for cat lovers.  Those of us with cats can so appreciate the humor...and the truth of the greeting on this card.  And the sentiment inside, too.



To make this card I used the Cat and Holly Brads as well as Pink Pearl Jewel Bling Strip and Chalkboard Washi Tape.  I used several Silhouette Design Store files to make the window and banner.
Here's a peek at the inside:




I hope you liked these Christmas cards and are busy working on yours!  I shared two Christmas cards last week as well.  You can find them here if you missed them and would like to see them.






Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

No comments:

Post a Comment