Saturday, January 20, 2018

Release Your Inner Kitten

Hi folks.  It's Kim from Katydid Cards; happy to be with you today.

The Knitting Brads at Eyelet Outlet are adorable and I really like the colors of the yarn.




I was eager to use them, so I made a card based on my last experience with yarn...and my cat!  It was when I decided I wanted to learn how to knit, so I was working on my project with the yarn on the floor in a basket.  Suddenly, there was a tug and off went my yarn in the cat's mouth.




It's a spinner card, which was pretty easy to make in my Silhouette.  But you could do this with circle dies as well.  I have a template for you on the Freebies page if you'd like it.  Here's a video (as best as I could provide with one hand on the camera and the other on the card) of the blissful kitty as he rolls around with his yarn.




I picked my cardstock to match the yarn.  The patterned paper is digital from a kit called New Found Happiness.  I recolored the dots, though.  Believe it or not, I scanned the balls of yarn so I had an exact color match.

The kitty was made from a cut file I purchased in the Silhouette store, but I doctored him so he could hold a ball of yarn in his paws.  The remaining yarn and a pair of knitting needles sit nearby in a basket made using the Basket Builder Framelits.  There are two layers to the basket...the open weave top layer in Crumb Cake and the solid back layer in Early Espresso.




And here's a close-up on the kitty.  I added some embroidery floss to make it look like the yarn is trailing.




The sentiment inside plays off the greeting and another ball of yarn and knitting needles finish it off perfectly.
 



I enjoyed sharing my card and my story about my little cat, Pumpkin, with you.  She passed away some years ago now but the great memories she gave me still make me smile.




Kim from Katydid Cards
Who provided the inspiration for these cards?  Katy did!

1 comment: